March for Moms
2019 Advocacy Agenda
Welcome to the 2019 March for Moms Advocacy Event! Below you will find information on how to register for our Advocacy Day on Friday May, 10th, as well as all of the materials you will need for a successful and impactful Hill visit.
Stay tuned for our upcoming advocacy day remote training sessions!
Save the Date
Sign Up for March for Moms 2019 Advocacy Day
Fill out the form below to sign up for Advocacy Day on Friday, May 10th to help explain to our congresspeople the importance of taking on issues related to Maternal Mortality!
March for Moms 2019 Advocacy Agenda
March for Moms will educate policymakers on the issues related to:
- 116 Modernizing Obstetric Medicine Standards Act of 2019 or MOMS Act
Introduced by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand [D-NY]
- Rising maternal mortality rates, especially for women of color
- Racial disparities in maternity care access and provision
- Need for data collection regarding maternal morbidity and mortality
- Allocation of resources to states to collect data, educate health professions on racial disparities, and address maternal morbidity and mortality
March for Moms will request and work to protect funding for:
- Preventing Maternal Deaths Act of 2018
- The bill establishes a program under which HHS may make grants to states to review maternal deaths via Maternal Mortality Review Committees (MMRCs)
- Improving Access to Maternity Care amends the Public Health Service Act of 2018
- The act requires the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) to identify maternity care health professional shortage areas
- Bringing Postpartum Depression Out of the Shadows Act of 2015
- The Act provides federal grants to develop and/or maintain state and community maternal mental health programs for education, screening and treatment of postpartum depression.
2019 March for Moms State Advocacy Agenda will continue to support advancing state Maternal Mortality Review Committees, Perinatal Maternal Health and Paid Leave.