- The U.S. has witnessed a rise in mothers dying in childbirth or due to pregnancy related causes.
- There are many reasons for this increase including poor access to healthcare, discrimination, lack of information about family planning options, and healthcare provider shortage, among others.
- Due to these barriers, the U.S. has the highest maternal mortality out of every industrialized country.
- Maternal death for American Indian/Alaskan Native and non-Hispanic Black women is 3 to 4 times more likely to happen compared to White women.
- Over 50% of maternal deaths are preventable and we want your help to raise awareness including need for State-Wide Maternal/Fetal Mortality Review Boards.
Follow us on Facebook to stay up-to-date with all March for Moms updates, including when we release our 2018 Advocacy Sheet! In the meantime, you can download our 2017 Advocacy Sheet below.